Cells Are the basic units of life.
There are seven characteristics of life which all cells and life forms do.
1) Living things require food for energy.
2) Living things respire. Respiration is the breakdown and use of energy contained in food.
3) Living things respond to the environment.
- Plants turn towards the sun.
- animals move to avoid danger and to obtain food.
4) Living things produce waste.
5) Living Things are able to repair themselves.
6) Living things grow and reproduce.
7) Living things have a limited lifespan.
Back To The Page of Science!!