- Large Oval body near the centre of the cell.
- The control centre for all activity.
- Surrounded by a nuclear membrane.
- is the protoplasm in the nucleus.
- contains genetic material ---> CHROMOSOMES (DNA)
- is found in the nucleus.
- contains more genetic information (RNA)
- the outer boundary of the cell.
- it separates the cell from other cells.
- it is porous ---> allows molecules to pass through.
( Plant Cells Only )
- non living structure that surrounds the plant cell.
- protects + supports the cell.
- made up of a tough fibre called cellulose.
- cell material outside the nucleus but within the cell membrane.
- clear thick fluid.
- contains structures called organelles.
- are clear fluid sacs that act as storage areas for food, minerals, and waste.
- in plant cell the vacuoles are large and mostly filled with water. This gives the plant support.
- in animal cells the vacuoles are much smaller.
- power house of the cell.
- centre of respiration of the cell.
- they release energy for cell functions.
( Plant cells only )
- contains a green pigment known as chlorophyll which is important for photosynthesis.
- tiny spherical bodies that help make proteins.
- found in the cyto plasm or attached to the endo plasmic reticulum.
Endo Plasmic Reticulum
( ER )
- systems of membranes throughout the cyto plasm.
- it connects the nuclear membrane to the cell membrane.
- passageway for material moving though the cell.
- tube like structures that have tiny sacs at their ends.
- they help package protein.
- " suicide sacs "
- small structures that contain enzymes which are used in digestion.
- if a lysosome were to burst it could destroy the cell.
Back To The Page Of Science!!!